Thursday, September 20, 2007

Being Grateful

This morning I had a “Like” day – not quite Love, but definitely not Hate. If running were a man, a “Like” day would be – I would go out on a date, but definitely no kissing at the end.

Since my run was “blah” this morning, I decided that I really need to focus on some positive thoughts. It’s all mental anyway, right? I may as well jump on “The Secret” bandwagon and get some positive vibes out there. So here goes:
Pausing….
Thinking….
Uhm…. Happy… positive… thoughts…. Please come to me…..
Gosh, this is harder than I thought today. Instead I am just going to think about what I’m grateful for:
  • Love is Grand and I have the best boyfriend ever!

  • My sister – a built-in best friend for life

  • I’m grateful for where I live – Like Laurel (http://laurelruns.blogspot.com/) says – “Cali is where they put the mack down.”

  • I have an exciting job (most of the time) that has allowed me to travel to distant lands

  • I can run and run and run. People may zip by me, but I will end up passing them when they stop.

  • I’m healthy and I have good hair

  • My credit card debt paid off

  • Music, music, music – it’s the soundtrack to my life

  • Dirty Martinis with big, fat olives

  • Vacation Days (I have now accumulated about 15 of them – perhaps I should start using them)

    Ok, I feel better.

    Life is good.

    Running Song of the Day: Outa Space (Ramon Zenker Remix) by Mellow Trax

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Oooh, shout out!!! :)

Good hair is definitely something to be grateful for. Oh and martinis of course.