Sorry about the lack of posts and comments lately. My work schedule is OOC (Out Of Control).
What is also OOC - my brain. I know it's probably just taper-city but here's what's going on in my head.
- Ouch my ankle. Is it swollen? Why is it hurting? I think it's swollen.
- Oh no, my back. What is THAT? Could I have a displaced/sprained/jacked up rib? How the hell would that happen?
- I can't breath. What's wrong with my lungs? I feel like I spent the day in the swimming pool. (Remember that, when you were a kid?)
- Is that a twinge in my knee? I think it is. It's probably this stupid 5 lbs I can't shake.
See, I'm going a little "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" right now. I hope Nurse Ratched doesn't knock me off my rocker.
In accordance with ZE PLAN, I ran my own personal half marathon today. I wasn't happy with my pace because, well, I'm psycho. But when I got home and realized that it was faster than any real half marathon race I've done. I decided to just be happy with it, damn it.
Distance: 13.1 (DUH)
Time: 1:52 (Holla, my PR for races is 2:03)
My last little tidbit to share with yous all (my mom had this creepy boyfriend who said "yous" all the time. So annoying).
Check out this little diddy:1. First of, my flip flops are HELLA cute. I adore them, although I would NEVER pay that much for flip flops. They were a gift.
2. You might notice a big ass blister on my big toe. It is seriously the size of a dime. It's been there for so long that it doesn't hurt anymore. I just leave it, no matter how much I want to rip it off. I will save that for post-marathon celebration.
3. There is another very tiny blister lower down. Now this little baby blister hurts like a MO FO. What the hell is that about???
So my home skillets, off to Vegas I go. I hope Kid Rock doesn't try to make out with me.
Next weekend I run a 8 miler, then the follwoing weekend - it PORTLAND MARATHON!
Hey - you other runners out there - let's start thinking of a meet up. Thursday night, downtown somewhere????? Drinky-Poos!
Song of the Day: All Summer Long by The Rock Heros