Monday, March 31, 2008
I will NOT drink wine for the entire week (starting today). This is NOT going to be easy as I have been drinking almost everyday.
I am going back to Bikram baby (starting tomorrow). Just pray that I don't pass out and barf like last time. Of course I'm freaked out, but I will just do it half-assed to see if I can survive. Try it once more and if it's not working, then find new yoga studio in area.
We'll see if these two little changes can get the scale sliding down again.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
1. Sat morning: I got my 6 mile run in avec hills. The hill I run is about 1/4 mile. I was going to run it 3 times, but there is construction going on and the dust and dirt was killing me. I ran it twice. Total time was 1:08 which sucks, but with the hills, I'll take it.
2. This made me think about my goals for the next half. There is no way in heck that I will PR so I'm not even going to think about that. I want to just finish under 2:15. My last half was 2:03. We'll see what transpires. As my sister says, "Whateves."
3. Oh, I finally hopped on Anita - the first time since Fiji. Of course, I did it AFTER my run on Sat (hey, I'm not stupid). I am at 136 still. My goal is 132. But red, red wine makes me feel so fine. Once again, I'm going with "Whateves."
4. Shopping in San Diego was fruitful. I got a sexy little white number to wear on my next trip. NO, I have not announced the destination yet. But little white dresses are widely accepted there. I also bought a little blue dress that shows WAY too much of the girls, but F it. Got to flaunt them before they end up at my knees, right ladies?
5. San Diego with my girlfriend kinda made me feel old. What I mean is , with two hot crazy girls on the town one would expecting some crazy shenanigans to occur. Let's just say that we were in our hotel room, in our "heavenly beds" by 10pm. And that was just fine with us (You guessed it - Whateves!)
To summerize the weekend, let's just go with "Whateves!" Yo.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
POM Institute Research: There is a 80% chance that this is an accurate description.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
She bitched about the sun.
She bitched about the long walk to the bathroom.
She bitched about her husband.
She even bitched about her spa treatment being TOO LONG. WTF?
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Mile 2: 9:40
Monday, March 24, 2008
A few of you out there in bloggerville have asked about my training plan. I
have signed up for a half marathon on
May 11th. This will be my 3rd half marathon.
When I first started running races, I would find a training plan on
line and stick to it (or at least TRY to). But now, I have a much easier
approach. Basically, I look at the race day and just make sure I get in a 10
miler the week before. Then I go back each weekend and build up to it (running
my longer distances on the weekend). For example:
May 11 Race Day
May 3 Run 10 miles
April 26 Run 9 miles
April 19 Run 8 miles
April 12 Run 7 miles
April 5 Run 6 miles
Mar 29 Run 5 miles
Then during the week, I just try to get in at least 3 days of running around 3 or 4 miles. This way I am not really on a strict schedule except weekends. I did this for my last half and it seemed to work fine. Of course, I'm no professional and can barely keep my miles under 10 minutes, but it works for me.
Now, since I have hills in this next race, I am going to add hills into my longer runs. I didn't do it this weekend - it took all my strength just to get 5 miles in (a little too much drinking this weekend). But starting next weekend with my 6, I will add some hill work.
In other news, I was tagged by Cara to sum up my life in 6 words. Check out the link to see where this idea came from - pretty cool. Of course, the challenge proved more difficult than it seems on the surface.
The first one that popped into my head was:
"It's never too late to change."
Friday, March 21, 2008
Mimi: Well, you really should be training, shouldn't you?
Tada: GOSH! (bangs head against wall)
Thursday, March 20, 2008
As you know, I was in Fiji for work, so I didn't get to have all the fun in the sun that I would want, but there were a few highlights:
I read 3.5 books. Nothing exciting, as I had to borrow from the hotel library.
Went to a private island for the day - AMAZING! (No, this is not a postcard - I actually took this photo.)
I was able to go on a really cool hike to a water fall. The hike was beautiful, but a little easy for me. Definitely better than sitting in the hotel lobby though!
A little history: Over 40% of the population of Fiji are Indians. We had a "Bollywood" party and I got to wear a Sari for the first time. Of course, I think it makes me look fat!
I had SERIOUSLY curly hair in Fiji. So frizzed out that I had to buy a headband and wear it EVERYDAY. There was no cure for the frizz - none at all!
Not sure if you remember my obsession with taking pictures of graveyards. Well, I wasn't able to get any in Fiji - although they have really cool ones. But I channeled my obsession into taking pictures of flowers. Sometimes I think I am an 80 yr old grandma stuck in a 30-something year old body. I honestly have about 100 pictures of flowers in my camera.
By the way - ran with Big G this AM:
Mile 1: 9:14
Mile 2: 9:33
Mile 3: 9:23
We shall get back to our regular scheduled running program promptly. We's gots some races to train for!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Super busy playing catch up at work. But Fiji was FANTASTIC. I am super tan and probably super fat. I am not steppin' on the scale until Saturday after a nice long run.
More dets to come, but here's a little teaser pic of my hot and dirty action with a local!
Ha ha. Tricked you. This is a pic from a natural mud bath and hot springs! It was terrific!
Friday, March 7, 2008
I landed in Fiji at 5am and was RUNNING by 7am. I ran about 4.5 then got a massage.
Now it's time for work. wah. At least I get to see how the other half lives.
Anyway, the internet here is REALLY slow and pricey. So I probably won't blog until i get back.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
As a frequent Running Blog Reader, one might notice that runners love to give the play by play of their runs.
I realized this morning that my morning runs have a distinct smell to them. And it's usually the same. So today you get the "smell by smell" instead of the "play by play."
- Smell 1: Upon opening my door in the morning, I am met with the distinct scent of TRASH. Yes, my oh-so-friendly neighbors love to put their stinky trash bins right in front of MY gate. I move it to their side and they move it back. Bastards.
- Smell 2: I cross the street to get to the "boardwalk" where I'm engulfed by scent of the BEACH... salty, crispy with a little fishy mixed in.
- Smell 3: Just when I'm getting into my grove, the scent of REHAB floats by. One might be surprised to learn that there are probably more rehabs in Newport than there are bars. Narconon has a distinct smell. And no, it's not of aliens. It's like bleachy cleaner mixed with cheap shampoo.
- Smell 4: Now this is actually probably the worst smell of the morning. OLD LADY PERFUME. The sweetest little lady goes for morning walks and always says "good morning" to me (major brownie points in my book). I just love her. But her perfume makes me want to hurl. It's a powdery, Rosy scent and that shit lingers like no tomorrow.
- Smell 5: By now, I'm hitting the pier where there are restaurants & bars galore. This is a two-punch combo of scentification (I just made up that word). First there is food smell - usually PIZZA, then you're smacked with the SMOKE smell. All the bars have big stinky buckets or ash trays outside and I don't think they clean them out too often. **Note: A third smell can come into play if this is a weekend run - the smell of VOMIT. Occasionally you can tell there's been an "incident" outside of the bar and hopefully you don't see it.
- Smell 6: The boardwalk temporarily ends and the run must continue in the alley. The main scent now is CAR EXHAUST and occasionally CLEAN LAUNDRY.
Then I turn around and run thru the same scents again.
What does your run smell like?
Song of the day: Moments by DJ Godfather & Starski
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
7 Random/Weird Things
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
- Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.
7 Weird Things about me:
- Running a marathon gave me the confidence that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.
- I look forward to long plane rides so I don't have to do anything for extended periods of time except read and drink wine. I want to have a shirt made that says "don't talk to me" so I can wear it on airplanes and not have to talk to the annoying person next me about their stupid vacation. I currently do anything in my power to avoid these conversations including wearing my headphones (not turned on) so I can pretend like I can't hear them.
- I have a really good memory for details/events/situations/conversations, but can't remember people's names to save my life.
- My friends & family think I lead an exciting life, but I think I'm really quite boring.
- I love picking at things (especially pimples) - even on other people.
- I drive an old piece of crap car. I've had it for 12 years. I am really embarassed when I valet. Plus it's ALWAYS dirty.
- These lame 7 things took me way to long. See, I am boring.
Ran 4 yesterday morning. Very lovely. Will run in morning tomorrow since will be flying for over 10 peaceful hours. Not sure how often I will be able to blog while in Fiji. So, check back later :)
Anyone who needs something to write about :)
Monday, March 3, 2008
I will be gone for a while and not sure if I will have time to blog while I'm there. Trust me - I will try and where there's a will, there's a way.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Basically, these are the words that come up most frequently in my blog:
Not to surprising: Beach, Captain, Eat, Love, Like, Marathon, Run, Runner, Running, Work. But I didn't realize I talked about being sick so often or OLD. What is that about? And apparently I talk about Nancy and Marcy alot. Sheesh, why wouldn't I? (Wink, wink).
Saturday, March 1, 2008
- 2 miles of a nice warm up on my normal route.
- Then I took a detour to get to my "hill." I came, I saw, I conquered it. TWICE! It was about .3 miles up, then .3 down. I would have gone another time but I thought of Danielle's advice to take it easy and not get an injury my first time hill training.
- 2 miles back.
Total: 5.46 miles
I wish I had put on the heart rate monitor. The first time up, I felt it beating. But the second time, not as much.
There's a bigger hill that's next on my list and that bitch is mine!
I'm off now for a delisioso ensalada and to watch The Darjeeling Limited on dvd. So excited. Been wanting to see this movie. I heart Jason Schwartzman. Wierd, huh? Like, I really like him. I would totally make out with him.
I'll post my next work trip next week. I promise.