Welcome to the first edition of "Fun Fact Friday."
Fun Fact About Me:
I am quite possibly the absolute WORST driver.
The first day I got my driver's license should have been a clue. I should have just stopped there. I was so excited to be able to drive without a parent, so I packed up my sister and her friends and we were going to head to the mall. As, I was pulling out of the driveway, I sideswiped my mom's boyfriend's car. Uh. Totally not my fault. Why was his lame car in the driveway anyways?
But it really did go downhill from there. There have been so many rear ends, back up into's and yes, more sideswipes that I can account for. A few stand out in my mind as being the most embarrassing:
1. I was leaving this guys house after a bad first date. I just wanted to get outta there. Well, I pulled out and hit his neighbors car. That sucked.
2. I was moving my friends car so we could fit stuff in the garage - I sideswiped his car all down the side of the garage. Not pretty.
3. I borrowed my friend's truck to move. I swiped the mirror on a pole and broke it off.
4. Christmas day with my mom and her boyfriend - I sideswiped another car. Then the creepy boyfriend got out and yelled at the people. So they just left, scared.
5. I was carpooling (I was the driver) to work with people and I rolled back into another car. But I didn't realize it was me who rolled, so I was totally going off on the person for rear-ending me. oops. my bad.
My first car had so many fender benders that my friend's nicknamed it "The Rhino." Yes, my bumper was no longer parallel with the car, it actually stuck out like a horn.
Other fun facts:
1. A stranger once left a note on my car telling me I need new tires because metal was showing? What the heck? There's metal in tires? Weird.
2. I put on make up while driving. I know. It's bad.
3. I can drive with my knee pretty well.
4. I talk on the phone and TEXT while driving.
5. If someone tailgates me, I take my foot off the accelerator and slow down even more.
The worst part is that I am not getting any better. 16 years LATER, and I still can't seem to get it right. Just last Saturday, I went to park my car and I hit the curb so hard that my tire exploded.
Cuz That's How I Roll... pun intended.