Well, this is it. Family time is drawing near. I think it's best to outline some goals to help get me through the week. So here they are, in no particular order.
1. Practice fake smile & excited look in the event of a crappy gift
2. Run 5 miles on Saturday - rain or shine
3. Run at least 4 days during week off and go to gym to do weights
4. Don't be crazy
5. Don't consume too much wine that will cause puking.
6. Hold tongue when appropriate - basically just keep mouth shut all day
7. Eat fruit & protein for breakfast everyday
8. Find a way to sneak in laundry at sister's house (pathetic for a 32 yr old woman, isn't it?)
9. Try to blog a few times from home - can't disappoint my readers
10. Don't be crazy
Good luck to everyone dealing with "famille détraqué." I am testing out a new theory this year. Minimal time spent at each location, causing more driving than I would like, but less time = less opportunity for blow outs.
More time on Freeway vs. More time with Family. Freeway wins.
Song of the Day: I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayle Peevey