The other thing that I did last year was follow these rules:
- Fashionably Flexible: Long runs on Fri, Sat OR Sun - whatever day works best for me.
- Weak Weekdays: Only 3 times per week MAX and not over 5/6 miles. No need to go out and get injured.
- Cerebral Caloric Intake: If you remember I gained weight on my first marathon, but I was a svelte sister on my 2nd one. Gotta watch what goes in the pie hole.
- Luscious Longies: 3 runs of 20+ plus miles, maxing out at 22 miles.
- Yoga Yahoo: Continue to do Bikram at least 2 days a week - aiming for 3.
- Healthapotamus: Get refocused on hydration/nutrition/vitamins/supplements.
I know I've said it a million times but I swear that Bikram helped me stay uninjured during my second training season. So I'm sticking it.
On another note, do ya'll remember that one time I had a guest blogger??? Well "Clinton" has really gotten into running. We are trying to lure him into the realm of full marathons. We would have so much fun if he came with us to Wisconsin. We can talk about clothes and running and eat cheese. Come on Clinton, you gots to come with!
Last, and I'll stop rambling. I just want to say how awesome my girls are that we have decided to do this again. This is our 3rd year - they are very cool chicks and I'm blessed to have them as friends, even though we're all so far away. ((HUGS))
Get ready for a whole new wave of crazy! I didn't even mention that I signed DOCS yesterday for my new condo. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah!