A couple people commented on the necklaces I have hanging from the tie rack! Here's the deal with that. As most of you know that travel is part of my job. When I first started traveling I would collect stupid souvenirs or trinkets from each destination (if it was a cool one). Within a year I realized that I hate trinkets and clutter and these things are of no use to me.
That's when I realized that it would be cool to get a necklace from each place - if I felt that I HAD to get something. That way, I will wear them and they come with a fun story. I thought this was a pretty darn good idea.
Some of my favorites:
* Bone painted red from Botswana
* Glass hand painted beads from Cape Town
* Big fun cheapy beaded one from Cabo
* Glass in wire from a street fair in London
* Black circles - from Portland (marathon weekend!)
* Jade symbol - from New Zealand
Anyway, it's a fun and functional way to remember your trip!