Monday, August 25, 2008

Almost Famous

I felt like Penny Lane last week on two occasions.

The first one was funny. My girlfriend just got her Ph.D. from Brown. I have no idea why such a smartie pants would want to hang with me, but that's another story (Hi Dr. B). Anyway, one of her friends from the East Coast saw me on her facebook page and was like, "Does your friend Jessica write a blog?" To make a long story short (ok, it's kinda a short story, shorter) she has been reading my blog for a while and I just thought it was cool to actually be recognized by someone who doesn't know me in person. (Hi Trina!)

My second brush with fame was when the lovely and talented Amy from RunnersLounge contacted me and asked if I would do an open mic interview for their website. I was completely flattered, although I don't know if people would really want to read about me. So anyway -please check it out so Amy doesn't regret asking me for the interview. Just go over there and leave a little comment so I know you were there. My Open Mic Interview

Vegas was a blast. I completely lost my voice. I swear it wasn't from screaming at the Thunder Down Under men. The show was actually comical. I spent a lot of time laughing and having fun. Saturday night I danced my fair share of calories away. But I think the AC blasting at the hotel really messed up my throat.

Going to Cabo tomorrow, so my blogging will be sporadic for the next week.
Peace Out Homies.

20 comments:

Ian said...

Heh, I saw your Open Mic interview at the Runner's Lounge. You're famous!

Have fun in Cabo.

BeachRunner said...

Now don't you let this fame and fabulous jet-set lifestyle go to your head. LOL.

Nice work on the open mic. Enjoy Cabo.

The Laminator said...

Read your interview piece. Nice job. Congrats on your great 21 over the weekend as well. Enjoy your time in the spotlight!

Jess said...

I saw your Open Mic interview too! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend! Have fun in Cabo!

Aron said...

love that movie!

i saw your interview also!! exciting!! glad you had a great weekend and hope you get to have a little fun in cabo :)

Robin said...

Look at you! Off to read the interview...

Heather said...

LOVED the interview. Really. Makes me want to start running again. I've thought about it a lot and think I might start in January, but we'll see how everything's going. You're a badass -- and so inspiring.

:)

carla said...

G-d I love that you compared yourself to Penny Lane.

off to read the interview.

N.D. said...

Wow, how cool is that for the runners lounge. You're a star!! Glad Vegas was fun and have fun in Cabo little traveler!

Alisa said...

I'll be reading your interview on my lunch break...which is...NOW!

Have a great time in Cabo...enjoy the heat...can you send some my way??!!!

J~Mom said...

Have a great trip!!

Jess said...

Man, I was hoping from the title that this meant that you got to be groupie for a day, but I guess the rest is cool too :)

RooBabs said...

Love the interview. Vegas sounds like fun. Good luck with fitting in your runs and juggling work!

M*J*C said...

Oh Penny...LOL! Have a great time in Cabo!!

Michelle said...

miss p.o.m. may i have your autograph please??? You know i am pretty sure i am the first one who left a comment over at runners lounge!! WOOHOO on the great interview!!

Have fun in Cabo!! Have a drink on me!!!

M

Stephanie said...

Oo congrats on the fame!! :)

carrie said...

Great interview! You make me want to be a better runner...I'm mucho impressed with your kickass 21-miler! See you in Portland...IF you wait at the finish line for 35-45 minutes! :-)

Sar said...

loved your interview! thought you did a really great job with it. just getting caught up after being away these past few months - looks like you've had quite the summer! have a great time in cabo.

Spicy Latina said...

Check-out the famous Gringa! I loved your interview!

eurydice said...

can i have your autograph?