Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Cure to All the Ails

My friends, I'm FINALLY feeling like I'm back on track.
  • I've got more energy.
  • I'm sleeping better.
  • Anxiety? What anxiety?
  • The scale is slowly (healthily) moving in the right direction.
  • I have a sunny disposition (haaaaaaaaaa... just call me Mary Freakin' Poppins)

The stupid thing is that I KNEW exercise would get me here. The first couple steps are the hardest. Kinda like running - the first 2 miles are usually the worst. I'm on day 5 of exercising everyday. I'm wondering if I can make it everyday until Cabo. I think I can. I only have 2 days of work trips. I can work out in the morning before one, the other might be tricky. But hey - may as well shoot for the moon.

I am going to go get new yoga dvd to do in the mornings on days that I'm not running. (Remember my old rule about not running 2 days in a row - I seem to always end up injured if I do that.) Any suggestions????

8 comments:

Running Diva Mom said...

Good luck getting out there and fitting it all in! YOU CAN DO IT! :-)

Jocelyn said...

Glad you are feeling more up about things! Maybe you're just running to fast/hard when you do 2 days in a row? weird

Monica said...

You said it girl...My first 2 miles are ALWAYS the worst and definately the hardest.

My Life said...

Nice! I've stopped running back-to-back days too. Feel so much better! What yoga DVD are you getting?

Ginny M said...

Will you have your computer on your work trips? I've downloaded a couple of workouts from exercise tv and have access to them when I travel. I also sometimes take advantage of hotel pools for exercise. Good luck!

doctorval said...

My suggestion would be to not run two days in a row. Doing yoga every other day is a great idea. Swim some laps on off days or go for a bike ride. An old friend once said "Something different every day". So I never train the same two days in a row.

Delane said...

first 5 days of any routine suck because their not routine yet.

Erika said...

Six pounds of M&M's is right up there with my half a bowl of cookie dough...it's so hard when it's right there! Sigh!