Monday, June 7, 2010

Welp, It's A Start

Albeit, a small one.

For my first Monday morning weigh-in I was expecting something amazing. Although, I have no idea why.

I started the weekend off with a nice HOT run after work, about 4 miles. Saturday I met a girlfriend for a 5 miler, including speed work (WOW do we need speed work). Side note: even with speedwork, the average pace was OVER 10 min/miles. Side side note: My pace last year was in the 8's. WT Hizzo?

Then it all went downhill. I babysat my nieces and their new little kitty Coco, where I ate hot dogs and french fries and pasta salad. Sunday I had dinner with a boy and drank wine. Not too much though, only 3 glasses :)

So this morning I weighed in at 144. That's 2 lbs down from last week. I ate really well all week and kept up with workouts. Just think if I actually held strong over the weekend?

I don't think I've announced it yet - but I'm going go Cabo over the 4th of July. BIKINI time people. So my goal is to get back to about 135 by then. 9 lbs to go. My work and personal schedule of the next couple weeks isn't crazy (not much travel, etc.) So I really can put all my focus and energy into getting healthy again.

I'm pretty excited about it.

7 comments:

emily said...

you can do it!!! good luck!!! =)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

2 lbs is a good start! I am sure you can make your goal, though. Knowing that you'll be in a swimsuit 24/7 is going to give you the extra motivation, I bet!

I don't even own a scale. I really should get one so I can sort of monitor my progress now that I am training for a marathon.

Chocolate & Chants said...

A 2 lb weight loss is a great start! Keep it up.

Jocelyn said...

That is a great start! Keep up the good work! :)

Amy said...

Nice job!!! You'll get your speed back in no time. Sometimes, I swear your legs just have to remember how it feels to be fast.

Jess said...

Two pounds is a great start. And once the weight starts coming off, you're times will definitely drop!

teacherwoman said...

You can do it, girl! I need to lose some pounds before hitting up San Diego the end of july...gasp!