Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Single Hood Dinner... and I Mean HOOD

A received 2 messages on Facebook today from girlfriends who told me they made my famous "Pita Pizza" for dinner last night. (Ok, famous in MY world!) And the crazy thing is that I made it last night too.

But I was very short on ingredients so I went a little GHETTOOOOOOOO-style on my famous pita pizza. Basically there was a pita, very little cheese (I didn't have much left), and sliced turkey hot dogs. Seriously.

This got me to thinking (and seeking validation, of course).
As a sexy singleton, I often eat random, easy to make, odd things for dinner. They are often eaten as they are being cooked, standing over the sink or in front of the TV out of plastic Tupperware using my hands. Now, many of you are not sexy singleton's but you know you do this when your significant (or insignificant) other is not home.

So, let the sharing begin. I'll start.
  • Canned tuna thrown in barilla plus pasta with random left over veggies thrown in.
  • Cottage cheese and crackers
  • Popcorn and wine (this has been sidelined with my new weight goal)
  • Broccoli (for some reason I always have broccoli at home) and tuna (same with tuna)
  • Junkyard salad - basically anything left in fridge (usually veggies, hard boiled eggs, etc.)

What say you?

11 comments:

Kristin said...

You might want to try the very special dessert that I treated myself to last night...Fiber One cereal and chopped banana lavishly topped with FF cool whip and SF Hershey's chocolate syrup, plus a sprinkle of walnuts (for the Omega 3's). My BF would probably be horrified....

Carly said...

LOL...we have a lot of night were we have a random things for dinner.

Cooked frozen spinach with garlic and EVOO (good but really stanky!)

Tortilla, cheese, and hot sauce

Popcorn and wine...best dinner EVER

PBandJ

I am glad you are back!

LAPT said...

This ends up looking high class, even though the ingredients can be ghetto. This entire list below was my dinner tonight.
1) canned corn & black bean salad w/ chopped scallions and cilantro, doused in a little balsamic vinegar
2) Boca fake spicy chicken patty heated in the microwave served on a light wheat english muffin with sparse shredded cheese, salsa, and baby spinach
3) sauteed asparagus -- on high heat so it will be ready in exactly 2 minutes.

DONE AND DONE. I will eat this same meal for an entire week.

audgepodge said...

Cereal, mac&cheese, grilled cheese, Trader Joe's salads/pizza, frozen waffles...

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

At least 2-3 days a week, I make a baked potato in the microwave. Otherwise, I will eat those steam-in-the-microwave veggies. Or yogurt w/ fruit. I rarely turn my stove or oven on during the week!

I do try to make up for these boring meals by making a big meal on Sunday so I will have leftovers for lunch during the week...

Ginny M said...

At least you cook. When it's just me, it's usually a bowl of cereal with skim milk and a banana. Chased with a glass of wine :)

Madison said...

I am a very visual person when it comes to eating so I always plate up my food all pretty so that I will want to eat it. Yeah, I spoil myself...hahaha. I actually spend more time preparing food for myself than for others...selfish. @_@

teacherwoman said...

- love teh junkyard salads!
- Peanut Butter sandwhich with banana
- bowl of cereal and random fruit
- mac and cheese.

Jess said...

I do this every night the BF isn't over:

cereal
PBJ
Cheese and crackers
sandwich
ice cream sundae (yup for dinner)

My Life said...

Please tell me you used ketchup for the pizza sauce!!

Stuart said...

Cereal...cereal...greek yogurt and honey...cereal!