Sometimes it's really hard to keep this shiz to yourself. I tried, Lord knows. But it must come out for the sake of my art (ha ha, kidding).
1. I was having a political convo with someone is only 10 years older than me and a 17 yr old. The older woman said something to the effect of, "your generation" referring to me and the 17 year old. Now I know TECHNICALLY a generation is about 30 years. Whatever. For some reason it was annoying that she was putting me (a 32 yro woman) in the same category as a 17 year old when I am actually closer in age to her. It felt patronizing.
2. I sent out an email to a bunch of girlfriends inquiring about some plans. One of them actually emailed me back and was offended that she was on the "CC" line instead of the "To" line.
3. Most of us have had email for at least a decade these days. Most of us know that we will not magically get one thousand dollars in the mail from Bill Gates if we forward his emails. Most of us also know that we will not be struck with bad luck if we don't forward a floating ferry or some b.s. like that. But my friends, not all of us know this yet. I STILL get forwarded this junk from people, some of them quite intelligent (supposedly). How does one explain this?
Ok, that's enough gossip. Anywhoooooo I'm looking forward to this weekend to see my baby sis and her babies. Sister time Fall 08 - rules. I have to try to get a run in on Sat or Sun, but the cool thing is that her neighborhood is really hilly so it will be fun and different :)
Song of the day: Womanizer by Brittney (I know, I'm a teenage today so go with it).
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! #2 is so funny. People are ridiculous. I had a friend remove every photo of me on her facebook because I untagged myself once. She was offended and thought I didn't want to be seen with her online. Really, I just thought I looked like poo or something... relax!
Yay for sister time! I get my own sister time at the end of the month. Can't wait!
I totally agree with #3! Why oh WHY do people still do that. Just delete them, one of my emails is chock full of those type of emails and it's so annoying!
I think it's awesome that people care if they're on the "to" or "cc" line. I'm going to start being offended about that, now!
#1 would annoy me, too. Unless she was referring to the enlightenment about gay marriage that younger people seem to have. Then I'd be honored to be considered enlightened. :)
@#3 I do not see why people keep replying to these mails. Like you say... There is no such thing as a free lunch, for one... Also, the language of most of these mails is so INCREDIBLY bad.
Oh, I'm so glad I'm not alone in dealing with those 3 items.
I won't win a million dollars if I forward you an email from Bill Gates?
Truly? You are such a downer.
I bet next you'll tell us there's no Santa Claus ;)
Is that the actual definition of generation? I always refer to generation gaps as being about 10 years. oops.
Funny stuff. Have a great weekend!
To: Older Woman
POM & myself are in the GEN X and quite frankly I think you fall under "our" generation as well. Or you might have just barely made the baby boomer generation. Forgive my math, if incorrect. A 17 year old is a GEN Y generation, no doubt.
Have a great weekend with your girls!!
The funnier part is you are annoyed with your friend for nit picking...when you are the one doing it in your first statement. Sorry, no one wants to have that pointed out..some days you just must vent and the go onward!
omg i still get #3 ALL THE TIME... delete.
No. 1 annoys me to no end. My older friends insist I fit in with the teens; my younger friends insist I fit in with the boomers! Sheesh. You'd think a person could just be themselves without having to fit into a specific group, wouldn't you? Have fun running those hills - take some pics for us!
Maybe the elderly woman thought you were younger than you were? You should have told her she was fat or ugly. That would put her in her place. I hate that shit too.
Forwards are the worst. I think people do it because they are superstitious and/or lacking chromosomes. My favorites are the ones really heavy on clipart, especially animated clipart. You get even more points when Precious Moments characters are involved, or there is an eagle with a tear in its eye. Write them back informing them that you've placed a hex on them, or simply write "Never contact me again." It works!
sure fire way to get forwards to stop:
1. take a moment to go to snopes and find the link that debunks the claim in the email. copy the link to the article.
2. click the 'reply to all' to ensure that everyone else the person sent this to gets the message you're about to send.
3. compose the email along these lines: "dear friend, this email is a hoax, as indicated by this link http://linkie.link.link in the future, please take the time to research this before you send it along. forwarding hoaxes like these are the internet equivalent to an "Kick Me" sign on your back. much love, pom"
it works. trust me. you'll never get another forward from the person. then again, you may never get another email from them, either.
YEAH! for running somewhere different and getting to spend quality times with the sis and kiddos.
I don't get the whole ... forward or you will have something horrible happen to you. Another reason why blogger is better than My Space. Doesn't stop me from My Spacing though.
I have one of those friends too. Always has to be FIRST, called first, asked first, whatever. I love you but why do you ALWAYS have to be more important than everyone else?
Thats all. I wish I was going to Yoga tonight. You inspire me even though you've been a yoga dropout lately. LOL
I hate forwards. I just delete them. The thing about cc line, she got the email didn't she!
PS - thanks for the music suggestions - I'm listening to Great Northern right now and like it. Yay!
UGH...#3...I can't stand those emails.
As for your friend, next time leave her off all together and then forward the email to her. Then she'll realize being cc'd is better than nothing.
I too would have been annoyed by being grouped in with a gen y being a gen x myself! That woman is barely a babyboomer herself a year or two younger and she'd be a gen x'er too! jeesh.
I hear ya on being put in the group with the 17 yr old. In some ways it can be good - you can look @ it as you're still young I guess! have fun with a new venue for running - that is always a nice change up.
I get the dumb chain emails from the older generations esp my grandfather. I stopped opening his emails. Whoops!
I don't even like being clumped in with the new college grads.
#2 is hilarious. I can totally see that happening.
I sent an email today to three people (one To: and two of them CC:).
When it was replied back to me, the person replying had moved one of the CC: people up to the TO: line. I thought, "Wow, is she really going to be offended by being on the CC line?"
Funny you brought it up. People are strange.
#2 is funny. That's why you should BCC them ALL then nobody has to get upset:)
Have fun running
#2 is funny. That girlie needs to get herself a hobby (or a life). Preferably very soon.
I could relate to all of those! Um, I also get random junk forwards from people who I thought was a lot smarter. Maybe I was fooled!
I know I won't get any money from Bill Gates, but I'm hoping one of those African Prince left me a bajillion dollars emails is true. Those aren't hoaxes are they?
that CC thing? priceless.
Yes, the #1 woman is quite patronizing. She deserved to be punched. Us Gen X'ers don't like to be lumped in with those loser Gen Y's -- just kidding ;P
That email/chain letter/virus sharing thing really annoys me. A "friend" sends me a chain letter which most likely has a virus attached? How can you not know, honestly?
p.o.m you crack me up!! I totally agree with #1,2,3. I do...
Now lets run!!!
Have a good one!!
Post a Comment