Well my dear friends, my trip to Cabo is coming to an end. Overall it's been quite a success. I managed to get both my planned runs in, including 8 dreadful miles on the treadmill, that stopped at least 3 times mid run (probably my fault for accidentally hitting that stupid emergency stop button). I'm not sure of my exact time/pace, but it ranged from 8:30 to 9:20, mostly closer to 9:20. Even being in air conditioning, I can't believe how much I sweat. Embarrassing people. Really embarrassing. It was flinging all over the treadmill and glass wall. GROSS!
A few lessons learned:
- If you use an ATM in another country, don't expect to get US Dollars out of it.
- If you're going on a boating cruise and ending up at dinner in the sand, it's probably not a good idea to wear your $500 pumps.
- If a guy named Rambo pours tequila down your throat on numerous occasions, you will most likely puke and miss the fun festivities the next day.
- Sunscreen is good. So are hats.
- Skype is the bomb! (Webcams...extra fun).
- If you go fishing, it will be a long day in the sun.
- Blackberry's are cool because you can BBM all the live-long day (for free) with a special boy missing you back home.
- Just because someone buys you a tequila shot, does not mean you have to take it.
- Talking down to your spouse in front of other people only makes you look like the jerk.
- There is no such thing as a free meal (or free trip for that matter).
Ok, now here's the fun part. Guess which 2 lessons were learned by me. No prize will be given, but you'll feel extra cool if you know me well enough to guess correctly. Ok, maybe you won't, but play along.