Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dear Anita

Dear Anita,
I wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you how much I appreciate the way our relationship has turned out. When you first came into my life, I was concerned that you would cause me additional stress and possibly make me full-blown crazy. And I admit that I have cursed you behind your back many-o-times. But I didn't really mean it. I know it was ME who had the problem, not you. You were just trying to be honest with me and I blamed you for it.

But today, I love you. And I will continue to express gratitude to you if you keep moving in the same direction. We are so close to our all-time dream. So close I can smell it. Or is that me? Anyway, keep it up and we are likely to have a long, happy relationship.

Yours truly,
POM

18 comments:

Creatingadiva said...

POM, I can't remember if I've commented on your site before...if not, here's to delurking! Congrats on the awesome number on that scale :) You're gonna be at goal so soon! Omigosh so exciting!

Viv said...

I knew Anita would budge soon. Congrats!

Marcy said...

Looking good Mommacita! Looking good! ;D ;D Oy, that reminds me. I should probably jump on mine to see where I'm at :-X :-X It's been awhile.

Crissy Rae said...

That's awesome! Nice to see you and Anita getting along. It's always tough to be at odds with one another...nice to see you two on the same page again. ;)

Anonymous said...

Good for you. All the hard work between running, yoga and eating right when traveling is paying off!

Jess said...

Great job!

That's a fancy looking scale. Looks like maybe it could do my taxes for me.

Kelly Olexa said...

I so admire your courage to work things out with Anita. I have broken up with all of them and I just can't bring myself to go back. Sigh.

teacherwoman said...

Hahaha! Looks great! :)

TonyP said...

Way to go.

Unknown said...

hahahah. Good job!!

Stuart said...

I am having a love/hate thing with my "ANITA" right now she hates me and is not afraid to tell me!

Quite clearly I am not (a) traveling enough to exotic locations (b) drinking enough wine and (c) going to the right pool parties!

Way to go! It's gonna be a hawt summer in the south bay!

Jen said...

Good for you! Breaking out of the 138s was the hardest part for me.

Heather said...

Yay Anita!

I'm so excited for my post-baby weight loss plan - really and truly. I can't wait for the numbers to start going down! Congrats to you!

eurydice said...

woohoo. i haven't named my scale yet but that's a pretty funny idea!

Nancy said...

I'm not a fan of love with conditions. I guess it's working for you and Anita. She apparently knows who's boss! :D Nice work, Chickie!

katieo said...

134.4?
awesome.
:)

(Good luck in the race!!)

Mendy said...

I adore your blog.

Why won't my scale say that? Damnit.

Soon, very very soon....

Unknown said...

Too funny -- I have almost the exact same shot in one of my recent blog posts (okay, so add 20.4 pounds). Way to go! Does this mean you'll start posting in the Holiday Weight Loss challenge thread again? :)