Friday, May 2, 2008

Decisions Decisions

I've always been one to say that life is really about what decisions you make.

Do you take a puff of the joint with the cool kids at the skating rink?
Do you date a total loser and end up living in a trailer on his parents property?
Do you take the $.50 raise at the Dairy Queen and work more hours instead of going to school?
Do you sit at the bar and drink all day on your day off?
Do you get in the car with a stranger because it's a cheesy hot rod?
Do you eat fast food for dinner every night?

(Thank God I didn't do ANY of those things. Except for maybe sit at a bar all day.)

Anyway, here are the big decisions in my life today:
1. Do I get a pedicure after work or do Bikram Yoga? I don't have time to do both. I really need a pedicure for the pool party tomorrow. But Bikram would make me feel so much better and maybe even slimmer for the pool party.

2. What bikini do I wear to the pool party? Which bikini I chose can really show off different facets of my sparkling personality. Yellow polka dots = fun & girlie. Blue Bandeau = Sophisticated. Black Volcom= Sporty. Maybe I can pull off some glamorous wardrobe changes and then I don't have to choose.

HA HA. I'm totally kidding peeps. I am (of course) doing Bikram, then I will give myself a home pedicure. And I'll probably stick with the black bikini.

I really do have bigger issues than this, but these are more fun to think about.

Can you pinpoint any decision (good or bad) that really helped shape you life and who you are?


Something else I wanted to talk about.
The new Madonna CD. I was sooooooooooooo excited for it to come out. And honestly, I am kind of disappointed. I only downloaded a few of the songs. I like "Give it to Me" the Paul Oakenfold edit.

14 comments:

Frayed Laces said...

I'm worried about you, POM. You are way too introspective...

I think a glass of wine is in order.

Amy - the gazelle said...

When I was in high school, I dated the (alcoholic, abusive) captain of the football team. I then turned down a full ride to the college of my dreams to go to college with him.

Because of those events, I am who & where I am today. I love who I am, who I'm with, and where I live.

BUT - those were the 2 stupidest things I've ever done. And although I wouldn't trade my life now for anything, I wonder how far I would've gotten if I hadn't spent four years in a college that wasn't right for me, and 10 years repairing my self esteem. Maybe by now, I'd be god. :)

But - this might be too much for a Friday.

Marcy said...

I'm with FL! Girl, go grab that bottle already ;-)

Have fun this weekend ;D

Jess said...

Oh I bet the yellow polka dot bikini is super cute!

And I am obsessed with the new Madonna song 4 Minutes. I definitely jam to it in the car when it's on the radio.

Meg said...

I think a large majority of your life is directed by the decisions you make.
Grad school is one of those decisions for me. I've realized that I don't really like research after-all, but I have to appreciate I've had opportunities that I wouldn't have had otherwise that have led my life in an exciting direction.

chia said...

I am so bummed, I have the Madonna CD on my Macbook and haven't burned it to disc yet... seriously must be a crime to let music go un-listened-to for more than a week.

I want to see someone doing Bikram Yoga AND get a pedicure at the same time. Contortionist grooming.

Judi said...

I was gonna say go to Birham and wear the sporty black bikini. And I did puff on the joint withte cool kids cuz I was a cool kid. LOL.

And you know the best decision I ever made was to kick heroin. Duh.

Judi said...

P.S.Can't stand Madonna these days. Her song with JT sucks.

Viv said...

That's a way to make it work.

I loved the question you posed. Now I am thinking shiz is it hypothetical?! She really can't care about a decision that molded my life.

Have fun this weekend!

Lily on the Road said...

Go with the black, crack a bottle of wine and give your self a home pedicure! Have FUN doing it all!!

;^)

Kelly Olexa said...

My first big decision was in the midst of my horrible divorce. I realized I could get BITTER OR BETTER. I chose the latter and I choose that every day. Except maybe TTOM.

;-)

Unknown said...

I think I did about 2 1/2 of the things you first listed! But fortunately I realized the error of my ways and now I'm making MUCH better decisions!

Nancy said...

Life is a series of decisions (and then consequences). Yeah, unfortunately I can pin point some not too stellar ones but also some good ones.

eurydice said...

thanks for the madonna review.

the best decision i ever made was breaking up with my last boyfriend, halfway into a new york city vacation, when i said, after a year and a half "do you love me" and his reply, "no, why would you think that?" hahaha not even joking. i think yoga and black bikinis... good choices!