Many women freak out when they are approaching the big Three-Oh. If you are drawing near to that age, I recommend a funny booked called Twenty Nine and Counting...
I did not freak out on my 30th. I went wine tasting with a bunch of really good friends and had a great time. I was looking forward to being 30 - finally a real adult. With that, I had a real sense of freedom to be who I want to be and not what other people want me to be. Sounds weird out loud, but maybe you understand.
HOWEVER, when I turned 31, it wasn't quite as easy. For some reason it really hit me then. Holy shit - I'm in my 30's! What the hell am I going to do with my life? I freaked. I balled my eyes out in a restaurant and had to leave. It was not a pretty site.
This year, I'm just fine. Had a wonderful weekend. Drank way too much. But I did actually attempt to run. I went two pain-free miles! I was very excited.
Anyway, in celebration of being thirty two, I thought I would come up with 32 cool things about being 32.
- I can rent a car with no problem
- I am confident in my career
- I’ve travelled to 18 countries and adding a few more next year
- Car insurance is less expensive
- I can use curse words in front of adults
- I get to sit at the grown up table at Christmas
- Older people can tell dirty jokes around me
- People finally stopped asking me when I am going to get married (I think they’ve given up)
- I’ve paid off my debt and know how to use a credit card wisely
- I don’t have to live on pizza anymore (I actually don’t really like pizza)
- I don’t enjoy sleep-over’s anymore (except with The Captain – wink wink)
- I would never even think of crashing on someone’s couch
- I’m happy to stay home and watch a movie on a Friday night
- Girls night out doesn’t elicit the same response in me that it used to
- I prefer to drink good wine over crappy stuff
- Don’t even think of pouring me a cheap vodka drink
- I can say “no” to invitations and not feel guilty
- I can slightly hold my tongue more than I used to (well, sometimes)
- I can enjoy spending quiet time with my grandparents and want to hear their stories
- I can leave when I want to
- I have a savings account and it actually has money in it.
- I have a 401K AND an IRA
- I don’t think Top Ramen is a “staple” item
- I think fresh vegetables, cottage cheese and eggs are “staple” items now
- The wild oats have been planted. No need to dig them up again.
- I highly value the skill of Multi-Tasking
- Quality is better than quantity in most everything- food, drinks, clothing, relationships, etc.
- I can still have a baby, if I chose to
- I know how to get things done
- I can get along with my mother – this was no easy feat
- A good nights sleep and exercise are way better than closing down the bar
- A delicious cup of tea could instantly change my mood
Song of The Day: Inside of Love by Nada Surf