As most of you know, I'm running the Surf City Half Marathon this weekend. I ran this race last year (my first big race) and I finished in 2:04.
Now, I know there is no way in heck-a-roo that I will beat that time for a few reasons:
1. I'm not as fit as I was last year.
2. I am running alone (my girlfriend last year really pushed me to pick up my pace).
3. I am slightly to moderately UNDERTRAINED.
So taking these lame excuses into play, here are my race goals:
1. Have fun
2. Finish Strong - at least at 2:10
3. Make the Captain proud
4. Eat a crapload of food afterwards
Good luck to everyone else running this weekend.
Song of the Day: Beware of the Boys by Panjabi MC (you gotta love the Night Rider theme music in the background)