I know you are all holding your breath for the big announcement.
Wait no more!
Here it is....
I've signed up for my next marathon - marathon el numero dos.
The lucky city to host this monumental event is...
Reasons I/we selected Portland:
1. My two girlfriends (Kris and Mel) who ran with me last time are meeting there. It's kinda of a central city location for us all.
2. It's being held on Kristin's BirFday and therefore the entire race will be dedicated to her because she is the best friend a girl could want.
3. iPod Friendly
4. Brisk weather
5. Hot Single Men. (ok, I made this one up, but if I'm using the "secret" then maybe... just maybe...)
Things that stress me out:
1. I've never travelled to a race.
2. We don't have a hotel booked and they are really pricey - even for dumpy ones.
3. I will be training by myself. UNLESS I join some type of group - more on that later.
4. I don't have the support system (aka boyfriend) that I had during my last marathon.
I'm not even going to think about marathon training until June. Well, I probably think about it, but not really plan out my training. But I'm thinking of taking a more relaxed approach compared to last year. I think I over-trained and that was the cause of my hip problems. So, we'll see what I come up with.
Now, I know there are some very hip and cool blogger chicks from Oregon. So ladies... I'm open to some suggestions on fun places to go and see. I think we will go out drinking Thur night to celebrate my girl's bday and then somewhere to drink/recover on Sunday. Ideas??? If you're open to a meet up, let me know too.
ANYONE ELSE RUNNING PORTLAND????
4 miles = 38:43 = 444 calories
Mile 1: 9:35
Mile 2: 9:48
Mile 3: 9:58
Mile 4: 9:22
Song of the Day: Misery Business by Paramore