See, I am human sometimes. But I'm pushing past those thoughts and moving onward and upward!
Right after I hit the "publish post" button, I clicked on over to MizFitOnline. Let's just say I felt a proverbial bitchslap! (In a good way, Miz!, In a good way). Her post yesterday was about Attitude and Gratitude, which obviously I need a BIG, fat reminder. So thank you Miz!
There are only 10 more days until the Portland Marathon. Boy, do I have a lot to be thankful for. Because I love lists, I will outline a few:
- Awesome training season - I stuck to Ze Plan and I think I found a plan that works for me.
- I started with 3 basic goals and I am pretty sure that I will reach all of them! Hopefully even surpass my time goal. I put 4:20 out there originally, but I am really aiming for a 4 hour marathon. (Remember my time last year was 4:45, but I have worked really hard on this).
- I'm so grateful that I have a strong and healthy body that allows me to be this crazy runner girl that I have become.
- I grateful for fun, amazing, fantastic friends that are going to run with me. And grateful for new friends that I'm going to meet because of it. How incredible is it to have POSITIVE people in your life!
- A life in balance is a good thing. I feel more ready than I ever have!
A few people have asked what my running looks like up until the marathon. I am going to stick with what I've been doing. Drinking TONS of water. I'm thinking about 100+ oz per day, especially if I'm doing Bikram. Of course, this is subject to change because I'm flexible like that:
Thur - 4 miles
Fri - yoga
Sat - 8 miles & yoga
Sun - yoga (maybe)
Mon - 4 miles
Tue - yoga
Wed - 4 miles
Thur - Bikram, then traveling to PDX
Fri - Maybe a couple miles or just a lot of walking in Portland
Sat - Chill with my girls, eat, rest up
Sun - 26.2 in 4 hours!!!!!