Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tales of a Slacker

This is not just a place to talk about all the great runs and yoga classes. Sometimes I need to use this as a tool to come clean.

People, I have been a serious slacker since Saturday. It's already Tuesday and I have not done a darn thing. No excuses allowed, but here's what happened.

Sunday - woke up seriously body tired. I did a double workout on Saturday, so I figured Sun would be a good day to rest.

Monday - woke up tired so didn't run. Poop. Then got invited to nice yummy dinner so skipped yoga. Double Poop.

Tuesday - woke up tired again. And tonight I have a networking work thingy so no yoga.

Basically, I have a lot of making up to do over my days off. But I'm up for the challenge.

Sorry, gonna make you wait one more day for my 2009 thoughts...

16 comments:

leslie said...

Guess you're gonna have oodles of energy to start the new year with, right? (See, there's always a silver lining!)

Viv said...

Holy smoking balls, you are still doubling me with the booty buster points! I am looking forward to 09 goals cuz 08 looked pretty awesome!

Amy - the gazelle said...

I'm almost caught up with you for the HBBC points again. Not that I'm encouraging your sloth! :)

TonyP said...

Rest is good...especially if you are waking up feeling tired. Look, 2008 is just about over. Time to move on to 2009 and focus on your goals. Forget about the last few days, enjoy the end of the year, and start fresh on Friday.

teacherwoman said...

You're body is trying to tell you that you need rest! I will be checking back for your thoughts in regards to the new year!

Jess said...

Slacking happens. No worries.

Jogger said...

You probably needed the rest, and you'll start the new year with some kick ass workouts!

Christine said...

SLACKERRR!! haha..i have no room to talk. Have you decided what races you are doing in 2009 yet?

C said...

Take comfort in the fact that you are nowhere near as much of a slacker as I am. In every way. :)

Happy New Year, POM!

Emily said...

I am a huge slacker too and need an attitude adjustment as well. It is allowed once in a while.

Sarah said...

Rest. You won't die. You'll be back to kicking butt soon enough!

N.D. said...

Eh, enjoy the holiday, you'll get back on the truck when the routine gets back. Plus you had a double going on this weekend. Rest is good too.

Gerry said...

It's just one of 'those' days! I had a phase like this a few weeks ago and I felt so guilty throughout, but still couldn't get my lazy ass doing anything. Hope you get back to your training soon! Once you start again, it gets easier to get back into the groove!

Mendy said...

It's alright to slack. You know that. You'll be back to it when it's time. Have a great New Year bringing in!

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey, we need a break now and then! Don't beat yourself up!

Happy New Year!!

Alisa said...

Sometimes rest is what we need to get back into the groove of working out.

I know I usually have my best work out days when I've rested the day before or done something light.