I like to create my own plans because I know my body better than Mr. Galloway or Mr. Higdon. But I will take bits and pieces from a few plans and mesh them together for my very own POM plan.
This is what I'm workin' with:
- Fashionably Flexible: Long runs on Fri, Sat OR Sun - whatever day works best for me.
- Weak Weekdays: Only 3 times per week MAX and not over 5/6 miles.
- Cerebral Caloric Intake: There will be NO 12 lb. marathon weight gain like last year.
- Luscious Longies: 3 runs of 20+ plus miles, maxing out at 22 miles.
- Yoga Yahoo: Continue to do Bikram at least 2 days a week - aiming for 3.
- Healthapotamus: Get refocused on hydration/nutrition/vitamins/supplements.
- Shoe-tacular: Need to get new shoes to put into the training mix.
Does anyone else make up their own marathon plans?
What are your priorities/thoughts/concerns/struggles about your plan?
Song of the day: Inspiration by Ian Van Dahl