Friday, October 24, 2008

Taggin'

I am tagging myself today because I have nothing to blog about.

10 years ago: (Actually this is more like 11 or 12 years ago, but it's more interesting than 10)
  1. I was the Operations Manager of a health club but I wasn't very healthy. In fact I was on Fen Phen to try to lose weight and I only got down to 146. I know how horrible that is, so you don't need to remind me. My weight didn't skyrocket out of control until about 5 years later.
  2. I was living in Huntington Beach with a guy roommate paying $425 /month for the master bedroom. Damn, I should have kept that apartment.
  3. My best friend and boyfriend decided that they like each other better than me. They ended up sneaking around behind my back until they moved in together. It took me 2 years to forgive them, but I did. She is not my best friend anymore but we still visit occasionally. They are still together. I am glad I am not with him.
  4. I bought a volkswagon Jetta. I still drive it.
  5. I had an entirely different group of friends. I only keep in touch with one of them, by choice.

5 Things on my To-Do List today:

  1. Finish site search report
  2. Read blogs
  3. Get spray tanned
  4. Eat dinner with Captain
  5. Chillax

5 Things that I would do if I were a millionaire (I'm changing this to billionaire):

  1. Buy a house in my neighborhood (next door is going for $4.3mil)
  2. Have fantastic galas to raise money for good causes
  3. Travel with my hunny
  4. Have babies
  5. Save money

5 Places I have lived:

  1. Huntington Beach, CA
  2. Houston, TX
  3. Ontario, CA
  4. Rancho Cucamonga, CA
  5. Newport Beach, CA

5 Jobs I've had:

  1. Assistant Manager & projectionist of a movie theater
  2. Credit card authorizations for a department store
  3. Receptionist, then Ops Manager of gym
  4. Executive Assistant for an asshole
  5. Event Planner

Feel free to tag yourself if you need to.

You might also notice the lack of "songs of the day." I'll tell ya why - I am not loving any music right now. I can't wait for Eminem's new cd though...

21 comments:

Emily said...

Nice work! I have been an Ops Mgr and Exec Asst before too. Now I am just rocking the title of major league PLAYAAAAAAAAAA.

And every time Rancho Cucamonga is mentioned I need to sing/shout it very loudly: RANCHO CUCA-MONGAAAAAA!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I should have changed it to billionaire too! :)

Chic Runner said...

so many places by my house :) glad you liked the shirt! we seriously need to run together soon.

Carolina John said...

YEAH! I love these lists. Girl On Top tagged me so I did the same list today too. Check it out during your "read running blogs" task. Great job!

BeachRunner said...

Great post POM-homie.

Wow. #3 from 10-ish yrs ago is a mind blower. You are a saint to still be able to talk to her. I couldn't do that.

And that Jetta rocks.

C said...

I second beachrunner's comment. I'm too bitter and unenlightened to forgive something like that.

Have a good weekend!

Jess said...

The spray tan on your list of "to-do" reminds me of that "Friends" episode where Ross gets sprayed 3 times on one side. Cracks me up.

Tina Mickelson said...

You may not love any music out right now but Flogging Molly was in town last week and although I didn't get to see them, I downloaded a bunch of their music and have been pretty obsessed with it while the hubby is gone.

Who thought Irish Folk music would be perfect speed workout material?

Judi said...

WEEZER!

Frayed Laces said...

Argh I got tagged with this...now I have to come up with exciting things like you

Laurel said...

I can not believe you still have a Jetta that old. We use to have one and it was constantly in the shop.

You're a better woman than me for still talking to your "friend."

Michelle said...

OF MONTREAL!!!

Check them out!! It's an a acquired taste!

By the way, i wouldn't be talking to that "friend" so kudos to you!!!

Kiki said...

Houston, TX, huh? Maybe we overlapped each other? I didn't fit in there, sadly.

Great meme...fun to read!!!

Unknown said...

You've had jobs all over the map! And $4.3 million? Eek.

X-Country2 said...

What awesome places in California to live! If I had a billion dollars, that's totally were I'd live.

J~Mom said...

When I was a teenager I loved Huntington beach. I used to visit there every summer and then dream about surfers the rest of the time. SIGH!

I Run for Fun said...

You've got me thinking...especially about being a billionaire!

Aron said...

i always love the random things :) i think i was tagged on this by a couple people - thanks for the reminder :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Wow, #3 in the first category is HARSH!!

Mrs Furious said...

Dude how did I miss the return of The Captain?!? He was at the wedding, you were at the wedding... that's all I've got!

I'm not sure if he's dead to me or not anymore...

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Was that Ontario, CA or Ontario, California (Or some other place--i failed Geography)

Very very exciting life:)