Saturday, July 19, 2008

Zoned 18

I got my 18 miler done Sat morning - nice and early. Thank Sweet Baby Jesus for the overcast weather here. Nothing to report on the run really. I remember looking at Big G several times and thinking "holy shiz, I'm way too slow." Then I would speed it up a bit. But by the time I looked at Big G again, I was slow again. I also thought I would pick up the pace on the way back. But once I turned around, I realized I was going against the wind. Overall, not bad - 2 hours; 55 mins. That's about a 9:45 pace. Like I said, I don't remember much about the run - I was totally zone out. I think I need to zone out, so this is a good thing.

Of course I had to hurry and get ready after the run to meet my girlfriend for a fun girls day. I had a quick recovery shake (not really shake, but chocolate soy milk with frozen banana), showered and headed to her house. I was still zoned out, like a space cadet. We went to lunch at my fav place - The Old Vine Cafe. I had some sangria, which made me even more loopy. But it was fun. Then we hit the mall and Target. Went back to her house, made the BEST sangria EVAH... and got even sillier. Perfect Girls Day, with a new pair of shoes to boot. (I hate when people say "to boot.")

I love not working on Fridays. Being a woman of leisure is awesome!

26 comments:

E said...

Nice job on the 18 miler!

What kind of shoes did you get? No pictures? :)

Kevin said...

Uhhh, after an 18-mile run I'd want to go to bed.... hope you scheduled sleep time in between all those sangrias....

jen said...

Great run! Zoning out can be a blessing sometimes.

What a fun girls day. I love sangria. I had a white sangria for the first time last week, yummy!

You should have made some pun about the shoes "to boot" ... get it, har har.

sarah (SHU) said...

yes, i am with knitter -- i am requesting a shoe picture as well :)

awesome run . . . i love 'the zone' as well. i miss 18 milers, but i did have a lovely 8 this am that i enjoyed!

N.D. said...

That sounds like so much fun!! Nice job on that run, whew, zoned out it must have gone by quickly!

Kate said...

Totally jealous of your Friday off, I could've used one!

Sounds like a perfect day!

Great job on the 18 miler!

Lily on the Road said...

Sweeettt!

Nice to be able to kick back, zone out and have fun!

carla said...

ooooh sangria!

got any left?

MizFit

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a nice 18 miler. Mine was the worst.

BeachRunner said...

Great run and nice job on the post-run activities too.

the Bag Lady said...

The fun girls day sounds wonderful. Especially the sangria part! :)

Aka Alice said...

I agree...let's see some boot photos (too boot...that made me laugh)

AddictedToEndorphins said...

WOah, I think you need to share with me the trick to zoning out. seriously..

Yay for days off. Great run.

AddictedToEndorphins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aron said...

awesome job on the 18 miler!!! i love being zoned out like that :) sounds like a great friday!!

Amy - the gazelle said...

that sounds like the best day EVER! a great run, sangria AND shoes! (Also, I'm pretty sure it's against the law to talk about shoes w/o posting pics. Thus saith the shoe queen.)

Charmaine said...

Guess who just started jogging today? Yup, your dejected former colleague.

5 sets of stairs at the beach followed by jog to the jetty and back in between each set. Followed by jogging UP the hill of doom at CDM, and the parking lot hill and the tide pools hill. Talk about enjoying being a lady of leisure.

heh heh. And there is another thing that you should know. Guess. hee hee

chia said...

You rock :-) hope the rest of the weekend was as successful and relaxing!!!

Jess said...

Congrats on getting the 18 in early enough to still enjoy the rest of your day!

B. Kramer said...

Way to kick ass! You only beat me by 40 minutes. I did NOT get out early for my 18-miler.

Tammy said...

Great job on the 18 miler.
And, the girls' day sounds divine.

Nitmos said...

After 18 miles, I usually like to lay around the house making my kids get me fruity drinks with extra straws. Or face a beating.

Unknown said...

Sangria, my favorite! And wow on the 18 miler!

Laura said...

I absolutely LOVE not working on Fridays, because you can get errands done quickly while everyone else is at work!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the long run! You are rockin' your training!

Viv said...

18 miles, Target, girlfriends, and sangria's sounds like my idea of heaven oh but x out the 18. Way to get it done.