Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Update, Version 11.12

I have some how found a way to simultaneously
SUCK ASS
and
KICK ASS.

How you ask?
I have no idea.

But, as you can tell from my running stats to the left, I have definitely been sucking ass in that department. However this morning on my whopping 2 mile run, I did manage to zoom by this lady who looked like Jack Nicholson. Take That Mrs. Jack.

On the other hand, in regards to the Weightless Challenge, I totally kicked ass last week. Week one, I barely dropped half a pound. HOWEVAHHH – last week I dropped 3.5 ell bees. I know that 2 lbs is the safe amount, so I don’t know how this happened. Maybe it took an extra week to catch up from my previous week. Well, whatever the reason, I’m one happy lady sans 3.5. And I won’t look this gift horse in the mouth. I earned that shit. I managed to keep at least a 500 calorie deficit every day, including un pequito vino on Friday. So, at this rate I will be in the high 130’s next weekend. Sweet Jesus! I see the light.

Non- running Nancy (seems like quite a runner to me) suggested a Blogging World Virtual Race. Run 8 miles on December 8th. I am up to the challenge (as long as my body is cooperating). So stop by her blog and let her know if you’re in, too.

So, there you have it. El Re-Cap.

Song of the Day: Talk to Me, Dance with Me by Hot Hot Heat

17 comments:

A said...

Congratulations on the 3.5 lbs! That's hard work. How's the hip hike going today, BTW?

Mendy said...

That's so fantastic on that weight-loss!!! I was thinking I might be on the 3 lbs side, but I lost 1.8. Better than nuttin... I guess. Anyhoo, great job! and thanks for pushing those of us, that stink at pushing ourselves.

That pic if Jack is just not flattering at all.

Database Diva said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the 3.5. Do you think it was the hip hikes? I'm off to give it a try!

Laura N said...

Good for you! Great job on the 3.5 lbs. (They snuck their way through cyberspace and are now attached to my thighs, by the way. =(

I'm running the 12/8 race, too. How fun!

Nancy said...

Awesome job!! WHOO HOO. There is a light!! I seem to be "re-committing" every day. Yikes.

I am looking into race shirts as we speak. I am afraid to hear the quote, and I have to order them up front. Not sure if people would want a shirt or not but I think it is pretty funny to get a shirt from a virtual race. I will let you know how it goes.

Marcy said...

Swwweeeeeetttttt!!! ;D ;D ;D

Dang I was so hoping for a real life pic of a woman who looked like Jack. That is some scary shiz LOL

Sara said...

Way to go on the weight loss! I can totally picture you hip-hiking your way around town.

I'm down a pound from last Monday. Still loving Vinyasa yoga, eating pretty well, starting each day with breakfast, and recording what I eat.

10/29 weight – 164.2
11/5 weight – 158
11/12 weight - 157

Viv said...

Great loss!! Hope u get to that 130's next weekend. I love when the scale changes decades that is my favorite.

katieo said...

3.5? SO jealous! I have NEVER lost more than 2.5 in one week! way to go!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the weight loss... I wish I could be saying the same for me!!

I think I will be joining the 8 miles on the 8th as well! What a better way to spend the last day of being 26....

Vickie said...

Nancy seems like a real runner to me too! Glad you are going to join us!

J~Mom said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome!!

Tigerlilly said...

First of all, seeing a woman that looks like Jack would push my a$$ into high gear!

Great job on the loss.. If you lose that much you KNOW you've earned it!

By the way, thanks for the awesome comments on my blog... love it!

How much have you lost, total? Keep up the great writing.. you crack me up!

Nancy said...

You asked Dr. Nancy about Advil and running. If Advil doesn't bother your stomach normally, I say "do it". I don't know of any reason that it would be "bad for you" to do. But it can be a little hard on your stomach because of the way it works can cause the normal protection in your GI to be disrupted. Most people do okay with this but some do have problems. If you want to take it before you run, I would recommend doing it at about the time you would eat before a run. Good to do it with food, plus, that gives it a little time to start working so that it is already on board when you start the run. Popping a couple at the start of a run might be a little difficult on the stomach especially an empty stomach. Plus you can't guarantee how much will be absorbed and start working while you run. (still I don't know that it is bad for you, but just not the most ideal time.)

Hope that makes sense. Feel free to email me if you want clarification or to talk about it more.

Nanc

Jess said...

Wow, awesome job! I'm still waiting for magic to do its work.

Lori said...

That is awesome! I have just been too scared to get on the scale, so I am living in denial for a bit longer :P

That virtual race is going to rock! I think there are going to be a ton of people doing it :)

Laurel said...

Great job girl! You are dedicated and it's working for you!