Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Motivation Recycled

As you probably know, I'm down with OPB. If you're not sure what that is, read Vanilla's Thanksgiving blog. As I was perusing through OPB, I came across miss Heather and her new "goal jeans." So, I'm totally copying her. I mean, recycling her idea.

Seriously ladies, we all have them (and maybe some guys out there too). Those pants in the back your closet that you know you will fit in someday. Well, I pulled them out last night and here is their story.

My very thin boss likes to clean out her closet once in a while. Since I have champagne taste on a beer budget, I mentioned to her that if she has anything great, to send them my way. In walks "THE PANTS." They are black, Dolce & Gabanna skinny pants- size 6 with a cute silver belt. Now, designer clothes size 6 is like a really a size 4 in my book. But that's just my opinion. I snatched those pants up faster than Brittney running a stop sign. But they don't quite fit.

Please note the gap (the arrow is pointing to it). I need to get that gap closed. Also, their snugness is causing the famed "muffin" effect on the "flanks."
So if I can get to my goal weight of 135, I know THE PANTS will fit with ease.
The Monday weigh in was quite a disaster (up 3 lbs) after T.G. so I needed this little extra motivation to get me going again. I think it's totally working.
So all you W.L.C. pals, pull out those secret pants and try them on. NOW. Go. Do it. Seriously. And take a picture. Paste the picture on the fridge or on your computer. And everytime you need a little motivation, go back to the picture and think about THE PANTS.
Also, I got on the Stairmaster last night and the song of the day came on. For some reason, it really kept me going. I stayed on that darn machine for 45 minutes (15 mins longer than planned). Yeah song of the day!
Song of the Day: Body Language by M.A.N.D.Y. vs. Booka Shade

21 comments:

Marcy said...

Ohhhh girl after 2 kids, I cannot hike up my shirt like that. It's like loose skin central up in there LMAO!

Heather said...

Woo-woo on the goal pants. I swear, the image of my tree-trunk thighs has been burned into my brain, and keeps me on the treadmill or doing 5 more damn squats.

Lori said...

Oh, I would so get my fat a$$ into those pants, too...that is some serious motivation. But I also have to side with Marcy on this one and just let you know how fortunate you should feel that there is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I will show a picture of my stomach :X

Laurel said...

I have "the pants". Unfortunately, they are from when I was 21 and even if I get to my goal weight, they still will not fit.

If I can get them up and close to closed (like in your pic) I will be fine.

Anyway, I am scared to get on the scale. I have avoided it since I stopped running. I really dont need another thing making me sad while I can't run. I think it will make it worse. :(

Ian said...

I could dig up some of my MC Hammer pants from high school and see if they still fit, but I really don't think I should be wearing them anymore.

Unknown said...

I gave my skinny jeans to my sister and she lives too far away to try them on. My skinniest ones fit me now, but they never were that small. heh.

Give it a a month and I bet you will fit in those pants!

Laura N said...

You are SO gonna be in those skinny pants! What a great idea for motivation. Here's to getting back at it!!!

Anne said...

That's certainly one way to stay motivated. So long as you don't end up in Mom Jeans, you should do just fine.

Amy said...

D&G pants!? Damn...I'd just spring for lipo!

Nancy said...

OMG, in my book, those already fit. I'm in serious trouble :D

For D&G, you can do this. I'm going to look for my skinny jeans when I get home.

Database Diva said...

Those pants are totally worth 45 minutes on the stair climber! I think you may have found the motivation you need. I have more shoes and clothes than Barbie (seriously, one time I counted 18 skirts in my closet). They all button and zip, but some are more flattering than others (flattering means you can sit down without ripping anything or suffering internal injury).

I'm trying to get inspired, but I'm going to Vegas this weekend, and somehow drunkenness and gluttony seem more appealing than my scratchy wool pants. Maybe I can be the bad example for another week, and then be the repentant sinner?

teacherwoman said...

You go girl! More power to ya!

I won't be going there! no way!

Maddy said...

I have the pants. I can't seem to part with them even though I know I would never wear them again.

I bought them when I was 20 and the waist sits, ummm, at my waist. Pretty uncomfortable.

It won't be long and you'll be struttin' your D&G Self all over Southern California!

w00t! w00t!

J~Mom said...

Would you believe my skinny jeans came from none other then our Marcy? I can get them on and buttoned but still spill over the sides. Some day soon I hope to have a picture of me in them with no muffin top!

miss petite america said...

dude. i can't even pull my skinny jeans on up that high yet...so no, no pics of that.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

You are officially the bravest, most courageous person I know. First you list your weight and convince all of us to do the same and then you show us a pic in your jeans. Seriously, you know how to inspire. The last time I was in a 4 or 6 was a brief stop in a growth spurt when I was like 15 - I would love to wear a 8 or 10 again.

Drusy said...

Ditto. Very brave but THERE IS NO WAY I'M PUTTING A PHOTO OF MY TUMMY IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN... just too awful! But you're very close to fitting those jeans.

Jess said...

I actually just get rid of clothes that don't fit anymore. I do have one pair of pants that are a little snug, but I still fit in them. Good luck with those "skinny" pants!

Amy said...

My muffin looks like I poured way too much batter into the mold and then overcooked it! My muffin runneth over! Ha!

But I'm with ya. Muffin photo shoot planned right after I type this. Great idea!

Mmmm...now I want a *real* muffin.

Viv said...

Good luck with those skinny pants. It is amazing what I would do to fit in and wear D&G clothes. That is such a motivator! OK I have a skirt in the back of my closet that will surely be outta style before I can wear it, but who cares. Not taking a pic of me trying to fit into if you paid me. LOL!

Mendy said...

I, so could only dream (right now) of wearing skinny pants and I agree with Lori - no way there's going to be a picture of me with a muffin top.

Seriously, I'm motivated by you - probably enough to kick myself back in gear to shed my unwanted weight and yes, I have that pair of pants in my closet. Even on black friday, I bought my normal size (8) from Banana Republic. Their 8's always fit me and guess what - the tag is still on those suckers. I cried.

I'm up a few lbs too from last week!

You CAN so do this! especially for THOSE pants!