Friday, May 8, 2009

Condo Update

My dad just told me I need to diversify my workouts. (By the way, my dad is super fit & athletic with 6% body fat - annoying, huh?)

At this point, I'm trying to just get anything in. So diversifying isn't really an issue.

I was hoping my condo would close today, but the stinkin' bank needs to sign ONE stinkin' piece of paper. We've been waiting for 3 days. I discovered the secret unknown 3-day rule in the escrow process. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING takes a minimum of 3 days. Even if it's just when someone has to fax something. 3 days. Email something. 3 days. I just don't understand how this process is so convoluted.

BUT I have to admit that this 2nd go-around is so so so so so much easier. Everything has just worked out, without much hassle or fuss. I'm not even scheduled to close until next Wed but we have everything done except this one signature needed thing.

So the plan is that I'm meeting with my painter tomorrow to get a quote. Hopefully can get it painted the day after I close. Then get the carpet guy and flooring guy (different people) to come the following weekend. THEN I can start moving in. I have been saving, saving, saving for so long that I can't wait to get to SHOP SHOP SHOP - I have so much to buy. Weeeeeeeeeeee

Workout plan is 6 or 7 mile run on Sat and Bikram on Sunday. NOt sure what I'm going to do tonight. I forgot to pack my workout clothes so I have to go all the way home. I might just go for a walk or something.

17 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! Your dad is really fit!! I can't imagine my parents being more fit than me, haha!

That's SO great about your condo. It sounds like you've worked hard to get to this point and obviously deserve it, so ENJOY the shopping process!! You'll have to post some pics of it once you're all moved in!

carrie said...

I LOVE new home shopping!!! Have fun!

Chocolate & Chants said...

That's so cool! Congrats on the condo! Do you have any idea how you will decorate it yet?

Kud said...

wow your dad IS super fit. that's super impressive.

I'm excited to see what you do with your condo. YOu should document the process. Maybe this condo is in your destiny after all.

foodiegettingfit dot wordpress dot com

Amber said...

OK, of all the comments on my post today, yours makes me the MOST jealous!!! OMG, SO lucky!!

I'm dieing to know what your job is... Don't know if you feel like sharing, but if you do, I'd love to know :-)

RunToTheFinish said...

oh shop shop shop...that sounds nice

Heather said...

I love setting up a new house - so fun to have a new place and new stuff!

kristen said...

You've convinced me to do Bikram on a regular basis. I have only done it three times over the last 5 months, but every time I go I reap rewards.

Sarah said...

Congrats!! Congrats!! So excited for you :)

Jess said...

Diversify, schmerify. That's what I say :)

Congrats again on the condo purchase. It's no fun going through and waiting for the final paperwork, but it'll feel so good once you sign those last papers and can pop a bottle of bubbly in your new place!

X-Country2 said...

I loved shopping for a place that was mine mine mine! Have fun!

Amy said...

Yee haw! So happy for you, homeowner!

You've definitely inspired me to get my ass in gear as far as running is concerned. I'm lacing up my gym shoes right after I submit this comment!

Romance said...

Thats cool about your dad. My dad and I run half marathons together and he is like 75.. we are doing death valley this year and Austin again next... its cool having fit parents. OR at least thats my excuse with my kids

Mrs Furious said...

I am so excited for you to go shopping! Fun fun fun!

Shelley said...

How fun decoration your new home - what a nice, fresh, start. Congrats!

carla said...

Im with your dad.
and hope I can claim the same at his age which HAS to be older than my age :)

I hope...

Carolina John said...

look at you go girl! you have got so much going positively right now. heavy momentum. you're going to close soon, the marathon and plan are going to be perfect, and everything is going to work out all right in the end. have fun!