Friday, May 1, 2009

French Canadian Old Man

Like all my stories start, I was at a bar with some friends... a couple dirty martinis in.
I spotted this handsome older gentleman across the bar and batted my eyelashes. In about 2 seconds flat, he is sitting at our table. He was French Canadian so I tried to practice my French, my terrible pronunciation must have charmed him. We talked for a good hour. He has a daughter not much younger than me (creepy). But I do love a sexy older man.

Anywhooo. Us gals started getting antsy so we decided to head to the bar next door where there is dancing. I gave FCOM my number and we left. He called me about 10 minutes later. I ignored the call. So we're at the other bar and I'm dancing with some friends and I see FCOM standing in the corner. Watching me. All night long. I pretended like I didn't see him.

Then I threw up on the dance floor. That's when ya know it's time to go home.

He texted me in the morning to see if I wanted to go to brunch. I didn't respond.
He called me in the afternoon to see if I wanted to meet for dinner. I didn't respond.
He continued to text and call me for about a month. I never responded.
My friends bumped into him at another bar and he was asking about me.

Now why, oh why can't Perfect 10 just call ONE more time?

Last, I'm going to run this weekend.

10 comments:

Emily said...

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Chic Runner said...

Hi, I love your stories. Got your comment the other day, been to busy to even function so I haven't responded. but we have SO much to catch up on. :) Running this weekend. love it. love you!

Alisa said...

I heart your stories!!!!!!

Chocolate & Chants said...

Because decent men don't call women multiple times for fear of appearing like a creepy FCOM!

This is so funny though. I hope Perfect 10 makes another attempt to call you!

Jess said...

He wasn't even deterred by watching you throw up on the dance floor? That's committment!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Sheesh. talk about being persistent!

I am holding out hope that perfect 10 will call you...

Carolina John said...

jessica, your dating stories are priceless! come on perfect 10, call!!!

X-Country2 said...

"Then I threw up on the dance floor." HA! Your stories are the best.

My heart jumped a little when I saw you had a new post on my google reader. I was hoping it was good news about Mr. 10. :o)

Monica said...

Enjoy your blog so much!! Looking forward to reading some good news on P-10.

Romance said...

Too tragically funny - sigh... what run will you do?