Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cliffhanger

I've been neglecting my blog as of late. I am sorry my dear friendly readers.

Work is super busy, people are super annoying and I am just super.

Just a little running tidbit of advice (although I'm sure most of you know this already)
DON'T EAT MEXICAN FOOD BEFORE A RUN.

When I was majorly dieting I cut all Mexican food out of my diet. But I've brought it back with a vengeance. I love it, but it just makes me feel so *crappy* after I eat it.

In other pretty good news (maybe I told you this already), but I weighed myself the other day for the first time in a while (I put the scale in the spare bathroom). And I'm at about the same weight - 134 to be exact. I haven't been obsessing about my diet and it's staying the same. I have to admit thought that now that I'm back in my running routine - I get FAMISHED right quick.

I know you are all probably wondering about Swasome Dude. No more details to share except that the bestest of the best of nicknames for him came up in convo the other day. Seriously there is no better nickname in the universe. But I'll save it for another day....

18 comments:

Amy - the gazelle said...

can't believe you're holding out on the nickname! don't you know how many of us are living vicariously through you?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh the suspense!

Sarah said...

oh my. I can only imagine the horrors of mexican food + running... I hope it wasn't too traumatizing...

Awesome job at staying in shape!! When I don't weigh myself in weeks I automatically gain 10 lbs.. note to self .. must work on this..

Carolina John said...

Good job on the weight! I am always hungry again now that I'm back in heavy training mode too. Time for some mexican food! wait... i've got to run tonight too.

teacherwoman said...

Yeah, I can't even really eat mexican period, without getting an upset stomach... let alone before a run!

Amber said...

I also LOVE mexican food, in fact, I just made chicken fajitas last night!

Good for you for maintaining your weight. I have gained 6 pounds in the last 6 months since starting to run, I think I thought since I was running I could eat more. SO not the case. Now I'm trying to battle the bulge and lose that 6 pounds while STILL keeping up my running. Harder than it sounds *sigh*

Sarah said...

I usually have an iron stomach (hello, years in 3rd world countries)! I can eat anything before running. My problem is what I eat WHILE running - the wrong electrolyte mix or GU and I'm D.O.N.E!

Congrats on the weight and the man and the nickname!

Jess said...

Yeah, Mexican is delish but there's something about beans + rice + cheese that's a bit rough on the GI!

ShutUpandRun said...

I would be hogging the porta potty if I EVER had Mexican before running...

kristen said...

Mexcian food before a run - never tried it, but thanks for the heads up ;)

Yay for not obsessing!! It seems like when you stop worrying about it, you loose the most weight.

Chocolate & Chants said...

Wait...who's this dude??

TonyP said...

I have been having withdrawal symptoms from not seeing new posts out of you !

Mexican food...yeah...bad idea before a run. Heck, bad idea the night before a race too (don't forget that one).

RunToTheFinish said...

i am using swasome as a normal word now, I love it!!

Alisa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food but like you, it doesn't always love me back.

Good job getting in runs with crazy work life. It can certainly be challenging!

More about Swasome please =).

Judi said...

jessica, it's been so long since i have heard from you! hope you and this "boy" are having some fun.

Bert said...

Mexican food is ok before anything, it is the grease/aka fat content that bedevils things. So omit the cheese & keep it low fat & you'll be fine. My own worst ever 'crappy' long run experience was the result of too much (deliciously rich & fatty) cassoulet, many years ago in my pregan days.

Lily on the Road said...

Tease!

Lucas said...

I second Lily...

TEASE!!!!