Monday, July 27, 2009

Craziness Abounds

So I had a rough weekend, but I'm trying to focus on the good stuff.

First 20 mile run is checked off the list.
20 miles = 2:59
I felt decent - wasn't happy with the time though. I think it's about 8:59 min miles. I was having some breathing problems due to a lovely anxiety attack I had the night before - but we're focusing on the positive. So that other shit won't be discussed.

I got a pedicure (Thanks loadmaster). Pedicures are things that will have to be cut from the budget as there will soon be no budget. But this was a treat.

Went to Bikram finally! I was glad when it was over - we'll just go with that.

Oh, and I finally laid out on the beach. My first beach trip this summer (at home I mean).
So yeah, that was good, too.

Yep, that's about all I can come up with. I can't wait to get out of town - leaving Wednesday. Maybe I'll never come back.

(Drama not being mentioned in this post: sunburn, tears, money, job, drama, stress, anger, drama, hot water heaters, friends, drama, gossip, etc.)

16 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ouch. Sounds like quite the rough patch. Hang in there! Just remember, all your random internet friends, like me, think you are fabulous! I hope that is not creepy!

Props to the LM for getting you a pedi!!

RunToTheFinish said...

wow an 8:59 pace that's great! I know we aren't discussing the other stuff, so I'll just say Loadmaster you rock for the pedi and I hope the run helped relieve some stress

Sarah said...

uh oh - So sorry about the stuff we're not talking about!! Hang in there - and if you need a place to crash, we'll take you in Portland :)

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the 20 miles! I'm not that fast - even in cool weather.

ShutUpandRun said...

I'm sorry about the "other shit" and anxiety attack. Hope the running helped to de-stress you or at least make you so tired you didn't care. Great 20 miler!

Amy - the gazelle said...

like sarah says - you're always welcome in PDX. Although your 20 miler was the same as our 15 miler! :) we did not do well.

HaleyBird said...

Aw man, sorry to hear you're having a hard time -- but yay for the loadmaster (this guy keeps getting better and better...)!

PS... new blog is up and running after abandoning the old one. :)

joyRuN said...

That is an awesome pace for a 20-mile! Very nicely done.

Hope all the other stuff works themselves out.

Anonymous said...

I think an 8:59 pace for a 20 miler is great, nevermind your first.

Hope you start having less drama in your life.

Sarah said...

Uhoh.

I hope everything is reasonably ok, or going to be at least.

I think you're 20 mile time is amazing!! But obviously you run much faster than me.... lol.

Take Care!!

colleen said...

8:59 is amazing! Remember long runs are supposed to be slow :-)

Ali said...

Running is the best stress reliever-head-clearer there is and a ped courtesy of awesome boyfriend is the best cheerer-upper ever.

Hope things get better soon.

Now ... 2.59 for 20 miles!!! Holy crap that's great. Do you stop at all when you run? Is that running time or with breaks ... I'm impressed.

Jess said...

Sorry to hear that the shit has hit the fan for you, but that is a fabulous pace for a 20 miler!

X-Country2 said...

Fantastic pace! Guess all that drama channeled itself into some speed. :o)

Carolina John said...

good job on the twenty! turn that anger into speed.

sorry to hear about all the other fine print down there. too much drama can get overwhelming. sounds like you've got more than your fair share. i'm also about to move to a new state and take a new job. drama on top of drama on top of stress.

Aron said...

that is a VERY solid 20 miler girl! much faster than I will be doing mine this training cycle :)

hope the drama subsides and have a great trip!!