Monday, October 8, 2007

6 More Days...

To all the Chicago runners out there, I can’t wait to hear your stories. My prayers go out the family/friends of the Michigan Police Officer who died and the hundreds of people hospitalized from the heat. That is just insane! I hope everyone is all right.

6 more days until the Long Beach. I had my first dream about it last night, so I guess I’m starting to feel the anxiety. My dream was actually about how much stuff I need to get done before my runner pals arrive on Thursday. In my dream, I forgot to buy breakfast stuff. So I woke up the morning of the marathon with no food. I think my subconscious is telling me I need to prepare. I wish I could hire a maid, but I’m broke after the VW incident. You would totally laugh if you saw how small my apartment is, but I still hate cleaning it. And I’m sure the girls want clean towels and sheets too –those demanding biznatches. Ha ha. (Kidding K. & M.)

Ran 8 miles on Saturday morning. The run was pretty easy. I saw a man on a bike who TUCKED his running shorts into the briefs. It was really unnecessary. I also got to practice blowing snot rockets (I hope I’m not getting a cold). Another exciting trick that I learned from running. But don’t worry, I only blow them into the sand or bushes. I hate seeing snot or spit on the sidewalk. Now, that’s just gross. Really, are these people raised by a pack of wolves or something?

After the run, I hopped in the car for a nice 81-mile drive to visit my sister and niece. We joined everyone else in Southern Cali in Oak Glen to pick apples and participate in fall festivities. It was so fun spending time with them. My niece is a total crack up and by far, the cutest kid EVER. She learned how to say “shut up” but since she is so polite, she says “PLEASE Shut up.” She is very independant and sassy - gee I wonder where she got THAT from!

Looking forward to a week full of cleaning and very light running!
Happy Monday!

Song of the Day: Damaged by Plum

9 comments:

Nancy said...

hee hee, short the biznatches their clean sheets. :) Good luck getting it all done. I'm in a bit of a deadline sprint myself. Perhaps I shouldn't be blogging?

Steve Stenzel said...

By the end of the week, you won't know what to do with all of your taper energy!

No, I can't come cheer you on, but GOOD LUCK!!!

Amy said...

Good luck in your upcoming race!!!
Geesh, I just can't believe the Chicago fiasco either...
Enjoy your taper!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO!! I need to perfect the technique in blowing snot rockets, myself.

Just you wait til the niece starts swearing like a sailor LOL JK!!

Maddy said...

If I feel a cold coming on, especially before a race, I always start loading up on Airborne.

Every two hours mixed with Diet Sprite instead of water. One of my rituals, but it seems to help!

Lord, I haven't even thought about breakfast - and I'll be in a hotel.

Awwww, Man...

aunt j said...

Oh darling,,, Nanny would just be beside her self if she knew you where blowing snot rockets,,, Im having a very hard time pichuring it myself and well, I really don't want to.

Keep up the good work,,, you look great, and of course,,, its all down hill from here LOL

I love you

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I've always added volume to my "shut-up" but it doesn't always work. I must try this "please shut-up" approach.


.

Unknown said...

You know you don't have to clean for me...never have before, why start now?! =) kidding...you know I love. A clean towel would be WONDERFUL...but you don't need to do anything for us biznatches...you know this. see you THURSDAY!! YAY!!

katieo said...

"PLEASE Shut up??" LOL!