Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Calm Before The Storm

10 more days until the Long Beach Marathon.
7 more days until my best friend arrives in Cali.


I’m not freaking out yet. Really. It's weird. I feel calm, cool and collected. (How does one feel "collected?" What does that mean?)

However I have been reading blogs from peeps running the Chicago Marathon (SHOUTOUT TO YA’LL). And just reading them gives me a little temporarily anxiety. I’m sure the steady anxiety will hit next week. So for now, I am going to focus on my short-term goals for the week and my marathon goals:

Short-term:
  • Be nice to El Cap, family, friends and colleagues

  • No more than 2 glasses of wine at dinner Friday night

  • Eat healthy

  • Don’t hurt myself (I fell down the stairs 2 days before my half-marathon)

  • Be prepared


Marathon Goals:

  • Have Fun

  • Finish

  • Stick to plan – stay focused

  • Finish under 4:30 hours

  • Eat a big hamburger after and drink a big schooner of Hefeweizen with lemon

  • Enjoy friends that come to visit after race
Other Stuff:
  • My girls and I got these cute hats for the marathon!
  • My Secret Marathon Goal is to Finish at 4:00 hours (I know – who do I think I am?)
  • I was tailgated this morning by a guy on a MOPED. Is that even possible?


Song of the Day: The Fear You Won’t Fall by Joshua Radin

4 comments:

Nancy said...

i LOVE the hat.

water, water, water, don't forget to hydrate. :)

yes, be nice to el cap. :D

SoberMommie said...

You are gonna do awesome!
And yes -- hydrate!
And don't start off too fast...it's really hard not to though.=) I am so excited for you!

Jes said...

Oh I love your runner girl hat!!!

Laurel said...

Sounds like a great list of goals to me! You're going to rock it! Can't wait to read all about it!