Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blissfulness

I had one of those moments last night.
They are the moments that I live for.
I look for them all the time, in everything,
but when you’re looking, they are hard to find.

They are simple.
They come on slowly and require no effort.

Sitting with a full stomach from a home cooked dinner,

surrounded by newspaper and pumpkin guts,
I look across the table and tell the Captain…

I am so happy.


Other Stuff:

Take ONE guess how The Captain carved in his pumpkin.

Seriously, the man is obsessed. HA HA.

On the Workout Front:
Four mile tempo run this morning. A “Blog Buster” combined with a "Daydreamer" (if that's possible) according to Vanilla's types of blogs. Nothing to report, except I managed to keep a 9 min pace, finishing the 4 miles in 35 minutes, which is way fast for me.

On the Challenge Front:
I drank 2 glasses of wine last night. Not on the "plan." I ate ONE peanut butter cup, but just one. Also, we are going out tonight for Halloween - pics tomorrow hopefully! But this means that drinking will commence again (and in mass quantities) tonight. I'm thinking blueberry vodka!!! Also not on the plan. Maybe I will drink enough to puke, hence actually LOSING weight~! ha ha kidding. (Not a good diet plan, kids). Seriously though, I will make up for it this weekend - with some kick ass sweaty work outs.

Song of The Day: I Love Rock and Roll by Joan Jett

10 comments:

Laura N said...

Aww, sweet poem.

Great pumpkin! DH & daughter carved two last night--she did one, he did the other. Standard punkin faces stuff, but very cute.

Nice pace on those 4 miles. Too funny about wanting to puke up the alcohol to lose weight. You've got enough time between tonight and Weigh In Day Sunday to get anything off from a night of fun. Hope to see pics from the party!

Jess said...

That is a sweet pumpkin carving!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Great carving, but I especially love the poem--I never knew anything with the words "pumpkin guts" in it could be so moving!

Nancy said...

I did a little drinking myself, also not on the plan, and more will commence this evening. I did however, do some drunk pushups. I think they still count. :D

J said...

Wow, a really good pumpkin. By the way, nice job on the tempo run. I am jealous...those always give me problems for some reason.

RunnerGirl said...

blueberry vodka sounds yummy . . . enjoy!

Database Diva said...

Another reason to run: It is the best hangover remedy I have found! It also relieves most non-hangover related headaches.

teacherwoman said...

I love those moments...


wonderful job on the pumpkin... I stink at carving! But, I do enjoy it!

Marcy said...

1 peanut butter cup is TOTALLY awesome!! Ask me how many pieces of candy I've eaten? Yeah . . .at least 2 whole bags worth :-X :-X

Laurel said...

I love that you look for those moments all the time. That is so cool.

The pumpkin is awesome, btw.

Um, yeah, I ate MORE than one Peanut Butter Cup the other day. I think I am going to weigh in on monday heavier than last week.