Monday, October 15, 2007

My First Marathon: The Facts

Location: Long Beach, California
Temp: High of 73 (It sure felt hotter than that)
Runners: 2159 Marathoners (35% women)

Time: 4:44
Place: 35th Place in my age/gender division

Newsflash: I am a "middle of the pack" runner

Finish Line: I have the best family and friends that came to see me reach my most challenging goal so far.

Stay tuned for:
My First Marathon: The Commentary
My First Marathon: The Weekend in Pictures

Song of the day: You Might Think by The Cars

11 comments:

Maddy said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

I'm so proud of you!

Great job! And a nice even time 4:44!

w00t! w00t!

My Life said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such a great time for a first marathon - wow! Can't wait for the full report!

Nancy said...

OH COOL. COOL!!! 4:44 - that's great. Can't wait to read and see the pics.

CONGRATS

Laurel said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! That is an awesome time, I am hoping for something around that myself.

I can't wait to hear the whole report.

Jess said...

Congrats! That's so awesome!!

katieo said...

AAAH!

That's so great! Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!

Congratulations.


...

Ian said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! Like everyone else I look forward to the full report.

Runner Susan said...

Great job POM! Congratulations.

Reluctant Runner said...

Congratulations, P.O.M. It sounds like you ran a great race. I love reading about it. You are a real role model!

Julie D said...

Impressive time. Glad you're hooked. I was there too, but only for the half, ha ha.