Thursday, January 10, 2008

And Yet ANOTHER difference

The Captain and I went out to dinner with our
friends the other night - separately.
Here is how each evening shook down:
x
x
THE LADIES:
We meet precisely at 5:40 pm at Yardhouse.
We get in our order BEFORE 6pm to make
sure we get the happy hour prices.
Shared appetizers - half off each.
Each had 1 martini - also half off.
Deep conversation about the "meaning of it all."
Total bill $30
Each girl puts in a $20 - nice tip for the waitress.
Home by 7:30 pm - watching DVD in Jammies.
x
x
THE MEN:
The guys meet at a bar and toss a few back, Play pool, Cut off someones pony tail. Decide to hit up sushi restaurant down the street. Order copious amounts of food. Order even more drinks. Order drinks for everyone in the restaurant. Don't remember what they ate/drank, but the bill comes to ... oh about $300 (for 2 of them). Hit up bar on way home, have another beer. Show up at my door LATE, drunk. (Please note that we live in a bike riding area, so no drunk driving has taken place.)
x
Seriously, we are such different creatures. I love it.
x
How true is this picture?????
I got it from some Australian dudes blog.
x
Song of the Day: Goodnight and Go by Imogen Heap

12 comments:

My Life said...

O-so-true. & love today's song... good stuff.

Lori said...

Love that picture! It sums everything right up.

Nancy said...

OMG that picture is KILLING me. So true.

Um, when I come to visit, can I go out with the boys?? NOW THAT sounds like a blast. :D

Jess said...

Yeah, last Friday, I went out with my husband and some of the boys and it was like so:

They met us an hour and half late at the bar/restaurant b/c they stopped somewhere else for a beer. We have drinks, food, additional drinks (what's the hurry?). We then go to another bar. Then stop for a night cap at a last bar. That's when the hubby and I went home. But we learned the next day that the others went to the bowling alley and then bought a case of beer and stayed up late at one guy's house.

It can be a long, exhausting evening with the guys, and I swear, men can gab just as much (maybe more) than women!

Heather said...

If I hadn't had a fight with my husband this morning, where I swore he's half-robot, I think I'd have something nicer to say about the differences between men and women. But here's what I got: women = sane. Smart. Thoughtful. men = oblivious. Detached.

I apologize for the sexist generalization, and sincerely hope to have a better outlook soon. :)

P.O.M. said...

That's ok Heather - generalizations are usually accurate. Especially about men.

I'm jsut still freaked out about the $270 difference of our dinners. That didn't even include whatever the heck was spent at the BAR.

RunToTheFinish said...

I think the difference for us is more based on me needing to get up for work or to run and he well...he can go to work hung over and survive it. I don't want to any more!

The picture is hilllllllarious!

RunnerGirl said...

I love it. In fact, I'm going to copy it and send it to every woman I know! The hubby will probably find it hilarious as well.

Anne said...

Very accurate!

J~Mom said...

That is hilarious!!

Laurel said...

wait, wait, wait....back up to the pony-tail part again!!?!?

P.O.M. said...

There was a guy in the bar (one of their friends) that has a pony tail. Now everyone in the universe knows how lame pony tails are, but this guy liked his. They got him drunk and told him they would give him $100 if they could cut it. He agreed.

Funny thing is the guy looks SO much better after cutting it.