7 more days until my best friend arrives in Cali.
I’m not freaking out yet. Really. It's weird. I feel calm, cool and collected. (How does one feel "collected?" What does that mean?)
However I have been reading blogs from peeps running the Chicago Marathon (SHOUTOUT TO YA’LL). And just reading them gives me a little temporarily anxiety. I’m sure the steady anxiety will hit next week. So for now, I am going to focus on my short-term goals for the week and my marathon goals:
- Be nice to El Cap, family, friends and colleagues
- No more than 2 glasses of wine at dinner Friday night
- Eat healthy
- Don’t hurt myself (I fell down the stairs 2 days before my half-marathon)
- Be prepared
- Have Fun
- Stick to plan – stay focused
- Finish under 4:30 hours
- Eat a big hamburger after and drink a big schooner of Hefeweizen with lemon
- Enjoy friends that come to visit after race
- My girls and I got these cute hats for the marathon!
- My Secret Marathon Goal is to Finish at 4:00 hours (I know – who do I think I am?)
- I was tailgated this morning by a guy on a MOPED. Is that even possible?
Song of the Day: The Fear You Won’t Fall by Joshua Radin