I chose the warm bed this morning. Oh well. There is still a good chance I can get my 20 miles in this week - especially because I am doing 10 miles on Saturday. So, as long as I run Wed and Thur - I'll have it made.
I was thinking about quirky things I do now that I'm a "runner." Here are a few that popped into my head:
- I clock miles in my car everywhere I drive and wonder if I could "run it."
- My dirty laundry has tripled. So when I don't have any running gear, I just smell the pits of a dirty shirt to see if it's wearable for a run.
- I read "running blogs" religiously.
- I get WAY to excited over new tennis shoes.
- I get even more excited when I find cool running clothes at Target on sale.
- But I don't blink an eye at paying over $50 for a pair of ugly ass shorts because they will be my "race shorts."
- Garmin is my best pal and I even named him (Yes, he is a boy).
- My coworkers and family members are TOTALLY SICK of hearing me talk about running.
- I download about $30 in music a month - always on the search for something new to run to.
- I feel like the day is a waste if I don't run.
Do you do anything weird or differently since you've become a runner/jogger/woggler?
Song of the Day: Proper Education (club mix) by Eric Prydz